Barielle/All Lacquered Up Fall/Winter '09: Falling Star


Above & Below: Barielle's Falling Star from the All Lacquered Up Fall/Winter 2009 Collection. The pictures above are indoors, with a flash. Below pictures are outdoors, no flash.
Note: The outdoor pictures were taken quickly, so the quality is not as good as I would have liked. I was just about to lose the sun behind a large grove of trees as it was setting.

Below: Bottle close-up to show the 'falling stars' or copper glitter. We often see silver or gold glitter, but I do believe this is my first polish with copper glitter. The shade is a muted version of a dark periwinkle blue and the first coat seemed a little thick when I applying it. I added 3 drops of thinner and that made everything fine. I used 2 coats. Dry time was average.

Above & Below: The 12 shades in 2 rows of 6 are the ALU collection. The 3 off to the left are Date Night (bottom), Decadence (middle) and Misbehaving Mistress (top). Below is a hand cream I ordered on the left, and the 4 products on the right are all included in their healthy nail pack, which is free with an $85.00 order.
Below: My polishes from the wonderful Grace that I bought from her blog sale. Anna Sui, Maybelline Mattes, NARS, Lippmann, Orly Satins and look at that green/gray sparkly Franken she included! (top center). Check out more about Grace and her sale below in the post.
I went to South Bend, Indiana this morning, home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish...I just wanted to say that I am a big fan of ND, so I'll expect my number of followers to start dropping off, now that I've admitted that! Anyway, I went on a hunt for more Massini polishes, which was a success, and I also stopped at Macy's to see if they were expecting the upcoming MAC Jin Soon nail lacquer collection due to be released August 27, and they are, so I'll be heading back that way in another week or two to get those (and one of the polishes is Green!). I'm a huge MAC fan and although I've heard complaints about their polish, I love all of mine and have never had any issues with them.

Returning home, I was very happy with the success of my trip, but things only improved when I saw 2 boxes waiting for me once I arrived. One was my Barielle order, and the other contained the polishes I bought from Grace during a blog sale she's having (see her post dated 8/16). If you aren't familiar with her blog, check it out here. You may want to start following her, because I think she's got another sale coming up after she's finished this one up.

I'll start swatching my Barielle's first over the next couple of days, so if you're interested in the collection that Michelle, of All Lacquered Up fame developed side by side with Barielle's creative Director, Elle Gerstein, you can get a better look at them. I ordered mine over the weekend, so the shipping was pretty quick and the polishes, which retail for $8.00 each, are buy 2 get 1 free. Remember, if you sign up for their newsletter, you'll receive an instant e-mail for 15% off your first order. I also used the code FREE10 for an additional 10% off (25% off total). Shipping is free at $50.00, and if your order totals $85.00 before the discounts, they'll include a free full-sized healthy nails pack with 4 of their terrific products (a $34.95 value). They also include samples with every order. If you're interested in checking them out, click on the ad for Barielle above in the right hand column.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Barielle/All Lacquered Up Fall/Winter '09: Falling Star on social network: