NOTD: Barielle Misbehaving Mistress and Who Else Has a Nail That Grows Oddly?

Above & Below: Barielle's Misbehaving Mistress shown in 2 coats. The top picture is outdoors with no flash and the picture below in indoors with a flash.
Below: In filtered light it seems to take on some brown tones.
Below: In direct sunlight it takes on a true charcoal grey shade. The finish is extremely glossy.
Below: I picked up some brush-on nail glue in hopes of diminishing the freakish way that my middle nail grows! More on that below.
I'm using my last untried Barielle polish today, Misbehaving Mistress. It's a medium toned charcoal grey shimmer that applied nicely in 2 coats. As with most Barielle's that I've tried, this one also dries to a high shine glossy finish. In some lighting it takes on a slight brown tone, but in most lighting, it is a true charcoal grey. The finish on this is very pretty and the shimmer, although subtle, seems to add a slight dimension to the look. I noticed that Barielle is having a monthly contest on their web site's front page, and this month's prize is the entire All Lacquered Up (12 pc.) set. You might want to check it out if you'd like to take a chance on winning what I consider to be one of the best Fall/Winter collections introduced this year.


On another nail-related subject, do any of you have a nail that grows differently than the others? The nail on my middle finger always seems to curve inward and downward on one side as my nails get longer, and no matter how I file it or work with it, nothing seems to help. I picked up a bottle of Kiss Brush On-Nail Glue at Meijer earlier this week, and painted a coat on the underside of that nail. Then I placed the edge that bends down on an index card and applied pressure to the nail until it was straight, holding it in that position for about 45 seconds. It did seem to make it look a little more normal. I'm going to try it again when I get out of the shower so that the nail is softer, and I think it'll 'hold' even better. Maybe if I do this enough times, I can train it to grow normally, who knows!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save NOTD: Barielle Misbehaving Mistress and Who Else Has a Nail That Grows Oddly? on social network: