Barielle Matte-Inée & Shades Decadence

Above: Barielle Shades in Decadence, 2 coats with no top coat. Photos taken outdoors under cloudy skies with no flash.
Above & Below: Decadence with 2 coats of Nfu-Oh 40, which is a milky white shade and does not change the color of the base color, other than adding flaky glitter. My ring finger is shown with one coat of Barielle's Matte-Inée as a matte top coat, and does not have the Nfu on it.
Barielle recently released their take on the matte trend with a product called Matte-Inée. The press release states the description as "A unique blend of strengtheners & conditioners with a proprietary formula that provides outstanding strength, conditioning and protection to the nail for greater flexibility. Dries to a matte finish that can be used by men or women. Also dulls the high luster shine of color polish to provide a satin finish." This is designed to be used alone or as a matte finish top coat. It is Big-3 Free and the key ingredient is Hydrolyzed Keratin.


I know what you're wondering...how does this compare to the other matte top coats? My answer would be that as far as a finished look, it doesn't give you the flatness of Nubar's V For Men, Essie's Matte About You or China Glaze's Matte Magic. It is a true satin or eggshell finish, and it is not as shiny as Orly's Matte Top or Orly's Nails for Males. I have all of those products and I would rank Barielle's between the first three I listed and the Orly's. Am I disappointed it's not a flatter finish? Not at all, and I'll tell why. I like to have a variety of similar products in my arsenal because even though the average person may not be able to tell a difference, I, and I'm sure many of you, can. How else would we explain having 20 different polishes that are of similar hue, but yet very different to us?!! This product gives me a different finish than the 3 true matte tops I have (those 3 are very similar to each other in the finished look) and a different finish than the 2 Orly's.


The price on this one, if you're comparing products that are considered by the manufacturer as a matte finish, is higher than the others at $16.00 for a .50 fl. oz. bottle. Even though it's more expensive, I realized after reading the product information that it is also a nail treatment. In addition to changing the finish, it also enhances the health of the nail by the addition of the keratin and other ingredients found in this product. As the official description states, it gives your nails additional strength, conditioning and protection. I have always been very pleased with Barielle's treatments and I will begin using this as a base coat as well. I'll still use my other matte top coats, depending on the look I'm trying to achieve, but this is a product I can use more than one way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Barielle Matte-Inée & Shades Decadence on social network: