Barielle/ALU Out-Grey-Geous

Above & Below: Outdoors, no flash under partly cloudy skies. The sun kept popping in and out, so there are various degrees of lighting.
Note: Click on some of these photos to enlarge them and you'll see what I mean about the shimmer showing up as either gold or multi-colored.


Below: Indoors, with flash.

Below: I used one coat of Essie's Matte About You for a smooth, flawless matte finish.

Below: This polish seems to have many personalities...the finish sometimes shows multi-colored shimmer or gold shimmer. When matte topped with Essie's Matte About You, the gold shimmer in still visible (last picture of these 3 close-ups).


Below: My loyal and trusty photo assistant, Out-Grey-Greta!
This shade from the Barielle/All Lacquered Up Collection is described on the Barielle website as "Silver Shimmer", but there's more to this beauty than that! O-G-G is indeed a silver, but it's more of a medium gunmetal grey to me. And yes, it is a shimmer, but the shimmer is quite captivating in that it is both multi-colored and gold. Not at the same time, however. I don't know why, but if you look at the photos (which are the same in reality) you can see what I mean. Isn't that interesting? I have been so caught up in this fabulous collection that my penchant for top coating everything with a matte top coat before removing it has been all but forgotten. I remembered to do it with this one though, and it turned out very nice. You can still see some of the shimmer underneath it, which is always a plus. All of these polishes (this is #9!) have applied nicely in 2 coats. I'll finish up this collection tomorrow with the last three. Barielle is coming out with a top coat of their own very soon called Matte-inee, and you can check it out on their blog.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Barielle/ALU Out-Grey-Geous on social network: