Jessica Ignite Summer 2010 Collection Review

Jessica has two new collections for summer which will be available on their website shortly. You can view both collections (bottle pictures) here, and up first for review is Ignite. The press release describe this collection as follows: Ignite sparks six new fluorescent colours that run the gamut from punchy purples and funky fuchsias to techno turquoise and unmellow yellow. Adding a kaleidoscope of color to your nails with neon bright shades is a great way to bring back a touch of intensity.

Above: Pink Explosion is a vivid pink neon that dries to a semi-gloss finish. All photos are shown using 2 coats.
Below: Orange Zest dried with a little flatter finish that Pink Explosion, but these polishes surprised me when they dried, because their finish is not nearly as flat or matte as other neons I've used. This is a perfect shade of orange with a name that describes it well.
Below: I was curious how these would Konad (m63 plate) because neons usually dry so quickly, making them hard to work with. This is Yellow Flame over Orange Zest, and while the yellow was not as intense as I would've liked, it worked well with regard to the drying time for stamping.
Below: Blue Blast is a beautiful cerulean blue shade.
Below: Electric Teal is the only shimmer in this collection, and those of you who know my polish color preferences, know that I love this!
Below: Here's a bottle comparison with Color Club's Wild Child to give you a better idea of the shade.
Below: Purple Burst is a bright fuchsia-purple-violet (how's that for an accurate description!) shade that dried to the high gloss finish you see with no top coat.
Below: Yellow Flame is a near dupe of China Glaze's Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, only the Jessica polish had superior coverage. You'll see what I mean in the photos below.
Below: The Ignite collection, being neons, really impressed me by how well they covered and the pigmentation in them. I love neons, especially in summer, but they are usually streaky and take a little patience to apply. The Jessica polishes applied very evenly on the first coat and dry quickly, so I found the application to be superb to any other neons.
Below: I did a quick comparison using just one coat on each nail. The polishes I used are all extremely close in color--Quirius The History Night vs. Jessica Purple Burst, and China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini vs. Jessica Yellow Flame. The Jessica products are on my middle and pinkie fingers.
I'm very happy with this neon collection and the shades it contains. It's a varied palette of colors and the formula was fantastic. I would say it leaned slightly toward the thick side, but not so much that I felt the need to thin it. It seems to be just right for neons, because it flowed well and had plenty of pigmentation for great coverage. The finish on these is what I would call a semi-gloss, and are still glossy enough that I would feel comfortable wearing them without a top coat. These retail for $7.50 and should be available before the end of the month. As soon as I hear back from Jessica with a date, I'll be sure to update my post. I have also purchased this brand from hello-gorgeous.net for $4.95 each, but they don't normally stock the most recent shades, nor do they carry the entire line.
*Products featured were furnished by the manufacturer or PR firm for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Jessica Ignite Summer 2010 Collection Review on social network: