OPI Holiday Wishes: Sapphire in the Snow & Merry Midnight

Above & Below: OPI's Sapphire in the Snow is a violet blue creme that looks more purple (above) in brighter lighting and more deep blue in less lighting.

Below: If you're going to get just one polish from this collection, my vote goes to Merry Midnight. So many character traits this one has!

Below: My skin isn't really this yellow! I held my hand under my desk light for this picture and as you can see, this polish has a lot going on...glitters, flakies, colors, shine, sparkle...all-around prettiness!



These two shades from OPI's Holiday Wishes Collection are both different and unique. It's nice to know I don't have any more reds to try out! Not that I don't like the reds, they just get a little redundant sometimes when 50% of the shades in this collection are reds. Sapphire in the Snow is "a deep, jewel-toned violet-blue", according to the official description. It applied oh so nicely in 2 coats, as have all of the cremes in this collection thus far. Depending on your lighting, the deep blue is sometimes more evident, and other times, it appears to be more of a purple shade. Whatever shade you want to call it, it's lovely.

Merry Midnight...what can I say about this stunner that hasn't already been mentioned by others? This one definitely lives up to the hype because not only is it a "Blue-violet with a starry, multi-hued shimmer", it also makes for a great layering polish. I tried it over several polishes, both dark and light, and it never disappointed me. I can only imagine what this would look like matted. It has an inky purple base that takes 3 coats to give you the full impact of it's beauty, but it's worth every one of them. It has tiny glitter, it has larger flakies, and it has a multi-faceted personality going on. The red flakies are the most evident to me, and the way the color shifts in the light against them, causes the polish to look both purple and red. I have 2 more colors to show you from this collection later today, but if this is one you've been considering buying, I'd highly recommend it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save OPI Holiday Wishes: Sapphire in the Snow & Merry Midnight on social network: