Craving Goodness: A Virtual Coffee

My first attempt at texture!
{Serendipity by Kim Klassen}
I know it's last minute....
But that's how I seem to
roll these days....So glad
you could make it, spur of the
moment, for a cuppa with me!

Coffee or tea?  I've got
both ready....Hand over
your travel mug and let me
fill 'er up.   I'll snap on Gracie's
leash and we can take this
virtual coffee on the road.



It's a lovely, bright spring
day here today.  A bit on the
coolish side, but that won't
hold us back.....

Sunshine on our backs and
a breeze in our faces, we
walk and talk.

And talk.
And talk.


And I notice that all the things
that we talk about are GOOD.
And I realize that it was a
very, very satisfying week last
week, because I've been 
craving a big dose of it.

Goodness.

And lucky me, I got it.




Early in the week my brother
and his wife added to our family 
tree with the arrival of a this little angel.
 My brother was a contented bachelor 
for years and years and we figured as far 
as children were concerned, he would 
remain our family's awesome uncle.

But then things changed.
He married at 41. 
Courtney Margaret is their third baby....
The oldest is three and a half.
He got served some major goodness.
And her birthday reminded me of
how yummy life can be.


Think he's smitten?
We stop for a moment to admire
a circling hawk.  This bird's been around 
lot and I figure he's set up housekeeping
somewhere on our street.  Beautiful
and majestic, he makes our hearts
soar with him as we amble down the road.

After we exhaust our talk of bachelor
uncles and yummy babies, I relate a
wonderful encounter that I had 
on Wednesday.

I got to meet this man.


Me, Michael Reagan and my friend Rosemarie
For those of you who don't recognize
him, Michael Reagan is the eldest
son of Ronald Reagan, 40th president
of the United States of America.

Mr. Reagan has a storied career and
is an active philanthropist, supporting
educational programs for military families, 
programs for children needing adoption
and in the foster system {he was adopted},
educating the public about Alzheimer's
disease and searching for a cure, and
many, many more too numerous
to mention here.



Six days later I am still replaying
bits of his talk in my mind.  There
was so much goodness there, it's
hard to boil it down to one anecdote
to share with you.  But one of many that
stood out was when he talked of the
very special relationship that his 
father had with Pope John Paul II.




Both were world figures.
Both had survived assassination
 attempts  in Spring 1981.
 {Ronald Reagan is the only U.S. serving 
president to survive such an attempt.} 
On the day they were released
 from their respective hospitals, both 
got down on their knees and prayed.

One prayed for the world.
One prayed for his country.
They both prayed for forgiveness 
 for the men who had shot them.

In short, they were Godly people.

And God is good.



After we reminisce about President
Reagan for a bit longer {he was the
first president I ever cast my ballot
for!} we pause when we come to
a view of the lake.  Today the 
combination of sun and wind make
the water look like it is covered
in sparkling diamonds.

We breathe deeply.  
We sip our coffee.
It's all SO good.



As we turn back towards home,
we can't help but talk of THE wedding
last Friday.  We dish about the amazing crowds
of patriotic folks that lined the streets
of London; how perfect the
weather and how beautiful the bride.


How very proud William's
 mother would have been.  



How good it was for our world
for one short hour to focus on 
love instead of strife.

Very good, indeed.

Full of coffee and with pink
cheeks from the wind, we
hug good-bye, another virtual
coffee come to a close and
our craving for goodness
satisfied.



Thanks for your great company.
As always, I loved chatting with you!
I hope you enjoyed my little
serving of  goodness : )


Seek goodness everywhere, 
and when it is found, 
bring it out of its hiding place
and let it be free and unashamed.


~ William Saroyan (1908-1981)
{American writer known for his stories
about the joy of living in spite of poverty.} 

xx
Suzanne


PS:  As I wrote this, Americans
were celebrating an amazing
  victory
of good over evil.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Craving Goodness: A Virtual Coffee on social network: