BB Couture Regular Guys: Coal Miner (duo chrome-ish!), Cowboy & Bullfighter

I am totally in love with the Regular Guys collection from BB Couture! You can scroll through my posts over this past week to see the other 3 shades in the collection. The Men's Formal collection, yet another men's collection, begins shipping today from Overall Beauty. I'm trying to resist ordering it, so we'll see how well that goes!

Above & Below: Coal Miner is clearly the standout shade in this collection for me. I love browns and blues together and one of my favorite MAC pigments is Blue Brown. I have a Lancome shadow duo that also gets lots of use from me that is a brown and a blue. This shade is one that looks more gray in some lighting and more brown in other lighting. No matter the lighting, the blue shimmer is always evident. This is definitely a duo chrome, albeit a little on the subtle side.
Below: Cowboy is a dark mushroom brown shade that is similar to many other dark taupe types that have come out in the last year. I don't know about you, but I can never have too many bottles of this shade! This was a little on the thick side, so I did add a few drops of thinner after I realized that. I used 2 coats on this shade and also on Coal Miner.
Below: Here's a bottle comparison with Orly's Prince Charming.
Below: Bullfighter is actually more of a Brick red than what I was able to capture. The formula was quite thin and I had a bit too much on the brush during my application, resulting in some pooling around the cuticles. Even though it was thin, this jelly-like super high-gloss shimmer covered nicely in 2 coats.
I am once again impressed by the shades and finishes that BB Couture continues to come up with. The formula is almost always perfect, making the application quick and easy. The duo chrome elements found in Coal Miner make me wish something I've secretly wished many times over--Cindy at BB Couture needs to come out with a full-blown duo chrome collection. Not as subtle as the effect of Coal Miner--although I adore Coal Miner--but some major color-changing duo chromes! I know she certainly has the talent to do it, so I believe it's not a matter of "if", but rather a matter of "when". I'll be waiting for it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save BB Couture Regular Guys: Coal Miner (duo chrome-ish!), Cowboy & Bullfighter on social network: