BB Couture Cantina Nights: Dirty Mother & Cosmopolitan

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone's enjoying the food, festivities, and drinks of the holiday, and I have a couple of drink-themed polishes for you today. First up is one that didn't impress me too much in the bottle, but this Dirty Mother made a fool of me, because I love it!

Above & Below: Both of these photos of Dirty Mother were taken outside in full sunlight and 90 degree heat, which I'm not complaining about one bit. I used 2 coats and had a satisfactory opaque look with just one coat. How to describe this color...I thought it was a dusty lavender-type shade in the bottle, but it's almost a taupe with very slight lavender under tones.
Below: In the shade, in addition to picking up reflections of everything surrounding it, it takes on a much more obvious medium taupe shade.
Below: Cosmopolitan also covered perfectly using 2 coats. This creme shade looked a little less fuchsia in the bottle, but once applied, I would call it a slightly dusty shade of fuchsia, or a deep rose shade. The photo directly below was taken in full sun, while the photo below this one was taken indoors with a flash.

Both of these creme shades are nice and applied in typical BB Couture fashion, which is a good thing. Let me start with Cosmopolitan--if you're looking for a fuchsia that is somewhat toned down, this would be a good choice. It's bright and colorful, but not as vivid as many fuchsia shades. I had seen it on some other blogs, and while the shade looks similar, mine is a creme, whereas others have silvery shimmer in theirs. I'll see if I can touch base with Kim at Overall Beauty, and maybe she can leave us a comment regarding the correct finish of Cosmopolitan. Dirty Mother is a gorgeous pink-based taupe that has the slightest lavender hue to it in certain lighting. It's a perfect neutral shade for my skin tone and I am pleasantly surprised by just how much I love this one.
*Products featured were furnished by Overall Beauty for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save BB Couture Cantina Nights: Dirty Mother & Cosmopolitan on social network: