QRS/Quirius: 6 Shades From My Haul

Here are six of the shades I recently received from QRS/Quirius, and I'll be posting up the rest of them over the next week or two.

Above: Caribbean Turquoise is a neon creme (dries to a semi-matte finish) that applied like a typical neon--fast drying and streaky on the first coat--I used 2 coats and the formula was a little on the thick side.
Below: Here's a quick bottle comparison with China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. As you can see, they're somewhat similar, but the QRS is more turquoise, and the China Glaze is more sea foam.
Below: Pearl Glitter is not typically a shade I would use alone, and bought this one for the layering aspect of it. The formula is similar to the Color Club Japanese Glitters, but thinner and easier to work with. The glitter is small and multi-colored.

Below: The History Night is a vivid violet purple neon shade that again, dries to a semi-matte finish. This is shown with a clear top coat, which evened out any imperfections. This one had a thinner formula than Caribbean Turquoise and applied nicely in 2 coats.
Below: Sunshine Energy is yet another neon semi-matte finish that is a "brighter than I was able to capture" coral melon shade. The formula was a little thick on this one too, but I'll be adding a few drops of thinner to it, now that I know that!
Below: Sweet Mimosa is a medium orange shade with a hint of peach, and a glossy finish. I was afraid it might translate to an orange creme on the nail, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. It reminds me of an orange push-up ice cream treat!
Below: Black Coal has a finish similar to the Orly Foil FX polishes, and is a darker shade of silver than Shine from that collection. I thought it may be a bit darker than it is, given the name. It dried to a shiny foil finish, and I used 2 coats.
Now that QRS is back up and running, you can purchase their polishes on their web site here. They retail for $3.00 each, or you can make your own 6-pack using any colors you choose, for $15.00. I have found that some of their creme finish shades need a little thinner, but otherwise for the price, they're a good deal. Their customer service has always been very good, and their shipping is fast and extremely reasonable. I paid $2.00 to have 13 polishes shipped, and they have a shipping chart on their web site, so you can check that out if you're interested.
*Some of the polishes featured in this post were provided by the manufacturer or PR firm for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save QRS/Quirius: 6 Shades From My Haul on social network: