4 More (and the last!) American Apparel Swatches

Finally! The last of my American Apparel swatches are finished. We had a busy weekend doing things around the house, so I felt the need to unwind a bit with some painting of the nails. I used 2 coats on all of these, and the only one that I had a bit of a problem with was Dynasty--it was a little on the thick side.

Above: Poppy is an instant favorite for me. Bright, vivid, not too red, not too orange, a hint of coral, and great coverage. I think this would also make a great pedicure color.
Below: Passport Blue is a deep shade of indigo that to me, appears to also have some very dark teal undertones.
Below: Peacock is aptly named. This is a bit of a muted tone, but still plenty pea-cocky!
Below: Dynasty is a medium lilac with plenty of grey mixed in. For some reason, my bottle was pretty separated and it had about 3/8" of grey at the top that took forever to shake it out!
As I mentioned, I used 2 coats on these, but in actuality, I could have gotten away with just one on a number of these shades and others that I've posted previously. The formula on these is wonderful, and even though thinner was needed for a couple of them, that won't deter me from picking up more of these if they come out with some new shades. I would love to see them come out with some other finishes, although they did a fantastic job with a creme finish--and cremes are not my favorites when it comes to the application.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save 4 More (and the last!) American Apparel Swatches on social network: