Fifteen


 Do you remember
fifteen?

Not yet driving ~
Too old for the kid's table
at Thanksgiving ~
Sometimes awkward,
sometimes
pure
grace.

Close your eyes.
Do you see
yourself
at
fifteen?

Ornament from here
Do you remember
being fifteen at 
Christmas time?
The scent of that
first peeled clementine,
the taste of that
first candy cane,
the first notes of
Emmanuel when
the advent candle
was lit?


How it took you
back to all the
anticipation of
the holidays....of
hopes and dreams
and Rudolph
and Frosty, the
Grinch and Charlie
Brown....

....of butterflies in
your stomach as
you waited  for your
turn to sit on Santa's
lap and whisper your
wishes into his ear?


Even though you
had a grown-up's
exterior, at fifteen
there were still those
child-like feelings
swirling around inside
of you.



On Sunday my daughter's
friends were over for 
a Christmas gathering 
and in their smiles 
and laughter and
shining eyes, I didn't 
see sophomores in
high school.  Instead
I saw little girls in
Christmas nightgowns
or footie pajamas,
alight with holiday joy.



I LOVE this song!

I LOVE that little book!

I LOVE that stamp!

I LOVE that movie!

Apparently, they
love
everything.

And I LOVE that : )


They made
paper snowballs


and paper stars
{exacting revenge on
past tenses and participles
by using a vintage grammar book!}



Stamping gift tags
unleashed hidden creativity....





And tying blankets for
the Humane Society
felt
just
right
while watching
The Holiday....











The candy bar
was a sweet ending
for these sweet girls,
who filled their bags
with goodies....


a rosette pin
 made by me....


and a little girl's
heart full of
Christmas cheer.






Look who even
made an appearance
in the yard!



Lovely fifteen
is only the
beginning....


Yet still, 
there is some
longing, already,


for
the
past.

Thanks for 
remembering
those days,
along with me!

xx
Suzanne


PS:  I'm linking up
with Kathleen at Faded Charm
for White Wednesday.


PPS:  Crafts and favors:


Snow balls
Paper Stars
Rosettes


{And a special thank you
to my friend who made
the lovely Christmas bunting,
especially for me!}












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Fifteen on social network: