Sally Hansen Ultra HD: LCD

Finally, some nice weather today! Sunny and 86 degrees--too bad I've got an awful cold and cough that kept me indoors most of the day. But doing a little swatching with Sally Hansen's HD LCD lifted my spirits! Yesterday I showed you Wavelength, the first of 4 that I picked up. If they keep looking this cool, I've got no choice than to pick up the rest!

Above & Below: LCD is more sheer than Wavelength, and I ended up going with 3 coats. The above picture is what it looks like outdoors in the shade, while below shows it in full sun. The iridescent blue flash is amazing.
Below: This is shown indoors with no flash. A medium pink glass-flecked shimmer with silvery pink micro-glitter, it is very foil-like in brighter lighting (above). Most polishes are enhanced in the sunlight, but I prefer this one in lower lighting.
Below: This one was so sheer, I thought it might work well as a layering polish. I applied a quick coat of Orly's Blue Suede, a dark blue matte shade, then layered one coat of LCD over it (left nail). I love how that combination turned out. I also applied a coat of Wavelength over the same Orly polish, but because it's not as sheer, I don't think I'll be wearing this combination in the future.
Below: The flower of the day is the Azalea. It's at its peak right now and I wish I could transmit the scent to you, because they smell so good!
I've only tried 2 of the new HD's and I'm really impressed by them. The finishes are unique--similar to others but nothing identical to anything else I have. The finish is somewhat like Zoya's Glitters, but still different enough that I wouldn't call them the same. LCD was very sheer, which was not the case at all with Wavelength, but the blue sheen it has makes up for the sheerness. I am trying to restrain myself from going back and having another look at the display, but I really think I might need more of these!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Sally Hansen Ultra HD: LCD on social network: