Autumn Whispers

The summer days are fading, as they must
From endless hours to short and fleeting light


The bird's once bright, immortal tune, now cries
A melancholy aura to the dusk


The children fiercely climb, and dream, and race
Before their wild and unchained days depart


And yet beneath the zeal lies a half heart
For there isn't time, there's only enough space


The sun seems low, a hazy orange sphere
Now reminiscing sweetly of the days



When endlessly before you summer lay
And as in the deep, crimson dusk you stir



Your soul joins with the birds in wistful brood
Crying for lost summer days, for childhood




 "THE END OF SUMMER"
by Shannon Georgia Schaubroeck


It was still
dark when I
awoke this
morning to
take Gracie out....
Which portends, to
me, more than
anything else,
that summer 
is closing the
door
and saying
good-bye.




{Thank you
all for your
strong, warrior-like
and loving
comments about
the poor dogs
that I was able
to assist last weekend.
I'm sure
hoping that I
can hang up
my super-hero
dog-saving cape,
for a while.
You are ALL the
best and inspire
me in ways you
can never
imagine.}


I'm linking up to
Kathleen at Faded Charm
for White Wednesday.


all images:  Privet & Holly
{and affilliates!}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Autumn Whispers on social network: