Sally Hansen Ultra HD: Spectrum

Here's another shade from Sally Hansen's Ultra HD line, Spectrum. This is one of what I call the glitters from the collection. There are 4 glitters (Spectrum, Byte, Laser and DVD) and 4 shimmers (Hue, Wavelength, Resolution and LCD). Not that they're really one or the other, but I guess that's how I would differentiate between the finishes. If you scroll down past this post I've swatched all but Byte, which I'll post later today.

Above & Below: This one took 3 coats, but it's fairly thin and dries quickly. It's a medium turquoise shade and doesn't seem to have any duo chrome to it, but it has lots of sparkle and a somewhat foil finish. The top photo was taken in direct sunlight, while the bottom photo was taken in the shade.
Below: Macro shot of the finish detail.
Below: I find that the 'glitters' work best for layering, because they're thinner than the shimmers. I layered one coat of Byte over Spectrum for this look.
Below: This is the same application, only this photo was taken outdoors in the shade, while the photo below was taken indoors with no flash. Is that a bit of duo chrome I see?
Below: Macro shot of the finish detail using Byte over Spectrum.
I feel like a broken record every time I post one of these shades, but these are fantastic! I would love to see Sally Hansen come out with some other shades in this line. A purple and a teal would be good for starters! Or a black that somehow flashes a gray or a green would be nice too. What do you think? Are there any colors you'd like to see more of in the Ultra HD's? I also wanted to mention that if you buy these at Walgreen's, make your purchase in the cosmetics department and ask the sales clerk if they have any coupons. I bought mine at 2 different Walgreen's, and the first time, she offered me $2.00 off coupons for each one. At the second Walgreen's, I asked if she had any and she offered to look. She also had some, although they were for $1.00 off of each, but it's worth asking!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Sally Hansen Ultra HD: Spectrum on social network: