I heart KenzoAmour

I've fallen in love with KenzoAmour. The bottles, which were created by design genius Karim Rashid, are like little sculptures--and they've elevated my bathroom shelf to a new level of chic. I had the pleasure of interviewing Karim for an article in this month's Beauty Central, and he told me that he had the orange bottle on a table in his country house, and visiting friends totally thought it was a scuplture! The decadently musky floral captures the romance of wanderlust (one of my favorite words), so Rasid was inspired by birds in flight, designing the bottles to look like they're in motion—when you rotate them, they have a different form at every angle. "In nature, nothing is symmetrical," says Rashid. "The effect, when you see them together, is almost like a flock of birds." The bold orange, pink, and white colors were painted atop a layer of silver paint, to give the paint job added dimension and variation. "Color is such a beautiful phenomenon," says Rashid. "It doesn't really exist; our eyes perceive it. I've never understood why cities are so grey." How poetic is that?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save I heart KenzoAmour on social network: