New From Milani: Neon Fresh Teal

Above & Below: Milani's Fresh Teal is from their new 8 piece Neon line. The photo above is with an Ott light, while the photo below is with a flash. I tried every kind of lighting I could, and I was not able to get an accurate color of this polish. It is much closer to the bottle picture, a bright, vivid teal creme. For some reason, every photo showed more blue. This applied very well and dried to a high shine finish. They are priced at $4.29.
Milani is coming out with some fantastic lines right now! I picked up all of their new holos a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now starting to see their full-line wall displays. Included in this display are the holo's, lip glosses, eye shadows, nail art pens, and 8 shades simply called Neon. These look to be permanent additions to their existing nail polish line. I picked up just one of the neons, because I honestly thought they'd be like many other neons--streaky, difficult application, semi-matte finish--you all know what I mean. I was hoping they'd be like that so I wouldn't feel the need to have more than this one, but I'm happy to report (although my wallet is not!) that these are excellent! I used 2 coats and could easily have gotten away with one, had I been more diligent with my application. They dry quickly and are as shiny as any other creme polish that's not a neon. The finish is amazing, because not only is it shiny, but it almost looks like plastic. There are 8 shades in the Neons, including 2 orange tones, 1-yellow, 1-blue, 1-purple, 2-pinks and this teal shade. Just as the holo's didn't have a strong holo effect, this particular shade does not have a bright, glowing neon effect. It's vivid, don't get me wrong. But when I think of neons, I think of Massini's 'in your face' neons, or some of Color Clubs true neon shades. The other colors may be more neon-like, but I still am very impressed with this one. I guess I'll have to go pick up a few more and find out!

In other new drug store polishes, I'm still waiting to see the Maybelline pastels I've heard about, but I haven't located them yet. I did see a new display from L'Oreal Pro called Blooming Brights, but I passed on them...because they weren't new! I thought they looked familiar, and sure enough, they were the collection from last summer. So hopefully we'll be seeing something new from L'Oreal soon also.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save New From Milani: Neon Fresh Teal on social network: