China Glaze In The Mood-Color Changing (slightly!) Polish

I say slightly in my post title, because while the old China Glaze In the Mood Color Changing polishes may not all be as chameleon-like as other brands, they're still fun to have as a collector. I don't know when these were originally released, but I do know that there were almost 50 different shades, and many of them are more dramatic in their changing ability than this particular one.

Above & Below: These are activated by body temperature, but the only way I've ever been able to get it to change color is by running my hands under cold water. That kind of takes some of the fun out of it though! If you're wondering why my hand is all wet, that's why. The name of this is simply Pink to Silver, and it's a very pale pink creme with tiny silver glitter. As you can see on my pinkie and ring fingers below, it turns more white than silver, but it's very subtle.
When we moved into our house 3 years ago, I stashed some boxes in the basement that were filled with items I don't use too much, like old china, books, and that sort of thing. I just knew I had some old polishes that I haven't been able to find, and I decided to take a quick look in those boxes yesterday. I did find 8 polishes stashed inside of a smaller box, and some of those were the China Glaze In the Mood polishes. I know there's more somewhere, so I'll have to keep looking. Do you have any of these in your collection? An old roommate of mine from college sent me some of these years ago, but if you know when they were released, I'd like to know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save China Glaze In The Mood-Color Changing (slightly!) Polish on social network: