Served with Love

Cooking is like love;
it should be entered into
with abandon or not at all.
~Harriet Van Horne
Vogue Magazine, October 1956

Via Two Guitars, Etsy

I just love invitations to dine
at a friend's house and look
forward to those evenings
more than eating at a 
five-star restaurant.


Getting dressed for the evening,
wondering what is going to
be served, I find that I'm relaxed
and happy, knowing that whatever
we eat, there will be plenty of
laughter and great conversation
served right along side.


When someone takes the time to

plan a delicious meal
shop for the ingredients
set a beautiful table
fluff the nest
light the candles
choose special music

it is like receiving a big, 
warm hug that says
 Welcome, I'm so
glad you are here!


What better way to send off
a dear friend and her family
before they moved out of town
than ~ you guessed it ~ have
them over for dinner?

I loved planning all the details.
They loved the meal.
I hope they tasted the love.


I think they did.


She has asked me many, many
times since to Please blog about
the menu so I can have the recipes?

{So Becky, this one's for you, girlie.}

Wish she was here so we could
cook it together.....and
we'd invite you to join us  : )


***********
Menu
{Click on highlighted
names for recipe}

Starters: 

Soyaki-Glazed Edamame
with toasted sesame seeds


Strawberry Salsa 
with blue corn chips**

Salad:

Blueberry and Goat Cheese Salad
with warm honey walnuts*
Via Emily's Kitchen
*I substituted butter lettuce
for the spinach.


Entree:

Avocado Burgers  
on wheat buns


Dessert:


Choice of Gelato**


**I re-created this meal for my
family last week to celebrate
a wonderful summer and to
welcome our new normal, the
school year.  Because I'd originally
made it in July when our local
strawberries were in, I substituted
peaches in the salsa, which my 
gang liked, very much.

And I forgot to pick up the Gelato,
which I can only get at one store,
so my son made vanilla ice cream
in our ice cream maker.  Yum.

Joining Mangia Mondays.  

Have a tasty week!

xx
Suzanne

Be sure to visit Lisa,
who always serves her
guests with love : )








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Served with Love on social network: