ORLY Halley's Comet-Cosmic FX

I have another shade from ORLY's Cosmic FX Collection today, Halley's Comet. This vivid turquoise shade with foil flecked glitter is similar to other manufacturer's polishes, so I didn't find it to be terribly unique.

Above & Below: This has a somewhat metallic finish that becomes almost foil-like in the shade (below), but without the dreaded brush strokes, which is often a problem with this type of finish.

Below: The glitter is delicate but abundant, and reflects shades of gold, green and blue.

This is a nice shade--bright, turquoise, sparkly--but if you already have Zoya Charla it's an exact match. I've also heard the same about OPI Catch Me In Your Net, which I don't have to compare it to. I tried to find any difference at all between Halley's Comet and Zoya Charla, and from what my eyes see, there is none. I would say the the ORLY polish is a little more pigmented because it gave me more even coverage on the first coat, but not enough to sway me that it's better. I still ended up going with three coats and now that ORLY is generally more expensive these days, I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save ORLY Halley's Comet-Cosmic FX on social network: