Essie Love, Beverly Hills






This is a lovely, albeit overpriced shade that Essie released earlier this year. It's a fairly bright red, infused with tiny gold shimmer that covered very nicely in 2 coats. The formula was just right, so don't blame that for the mess I made on my middle finger's cuticle. This is a Limited Edition polish, so maybe that's why I felt the need to add it to my collection. The description on the box (yes, that price even includes a box...such a deal) says "An opulent red infused with pure 24k gold." I do love red polishes that have a 'glow' to them and especially when you can see the gold veining in the bottle. There are plenty of other polishes out there that are similar to this without the high price, however. Color Club's Velvet Rope is one that comes to mind. Essie's seems a notch above the rest though, even if it is more expensive. The gold appears almost as a faint glaze over the nail, rather than actually in the polish. Maybe the 24k gold floats to the top of the surface. The longer I had it on, the prettier I thought it was and I'm happy I have it. This is probably as close to Beverly Hills as I'm ever going to get!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Essie Love, Beverly Hills on social network: