Jessica Nail Colours: Velvet Rope, Pashmina & Starlight Starbright

Above & Below: Velvet Rope is a vivid coral pink, labeled as a Frost finish at hello-gorgeous.net, where I purchased these. However, the color chart at Jessica's web site labels it as an 'O' for Opalescent. I see it as an Opalescent Shimmer, and a stunning one at that!
Below: The photos above were taken under direct lighting with no flash, while the photos below, with a flash, show a slight iridescence in the shimmer.
Below: Pashmina is a work-safe, conservative shade of mauve-toned pink. This is labeled as a Metallic finish, which I would agree with. I would say it could also be considered a Frost.
Below: I actually like this shade quite a bit. It's delicate and soft, and the silver shimmer adds a nice touch.
Below: Starlight Starbright is an extremely dark shade of charcoal grey with fine shimmer that seems to shift from blue-grey to silver. It actually looks like an off-black creme in regular lighting, but does show some shimmer in brighter lighting. This one is labeled as a Creme on both sites.
Below: I used a coat of Color Club's Milky White Base Coat over the polish, because that usually tends to pull the darker colors up slightly, but it didn't seem to work in this case!
I'll wrap up my weekend posting with a look at the last 3 Jessica Nail Colours I own. There are 2 more posts below this one showing some other shades, if you're interested in checking them out. Again, these all applied very well in 2 coats and I'm quite happy with this brand. They have a fantastic formula that applies nicely, dries quickly, and finishes with a high gloss shine. I'm looking forward to getting more Jessica polishes, so if you have any suggestions, I'd be interested in knowing what they are. I find the color charts at both Jessica and hello-gorgeous, to be quite 'off' when compared to the actual polish shade, now that I see them in real life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Jessica Nail Colours: Velvet Rope, Pashmina & Starlight Starbright on social network: