Just a smile

A smile is the light in 
the window of your face
that tells people you're
at home.

~ Author Unknown


Smiles for me are a
barometer.  On a normal
day, I smile a lot.

at my kids 
at my buddies at yoga
at the clerk at the grocery
at the UPS man
at a funny e-mail 
at a special blog-comment



And on a really great day,
that smile will be joined
by a big 'ol belly laugh.

Those are THE best.




So earlier in the summer
when my daughter said,
You never smile at me
anymore {because in teen
lingo so many things are
labeled always or never....}
it was like a splash of
cold water on my face.

What???



I don't remember what 
was bringing me down at
that time ~ probably just
tired ~ but ever since, I've
made a conscious decision
to smile at each member of
my family, early and often, 
each and every day.

But what if ~
what if ~
you were unable 
to smile?




Yes, it happens.

Every three minutes a baby
is born with a facial deformity
such as a cleft lift or cleft palate,
which makes it impossible to
smile and often impossible to
eat or speak.


{I know you've all seen
the before pictures of these
precious children in magazines.}


Thailer from Venezuela, before.....

In many cultures, these babies
grow into children who are
shunned and rejected.

In 1982 an organization was
formed that has been restoring
smiles all over the world ever since:
Operation Smile.


Thailer, after : )

These amazing medical professionals
and caring, huge-hearted volunteers
travel the globe to provide free surgeries
to children and young adults that will 
give smiles back, along with the 
chance for living a normal life.

What a gift.


Grace from South Africa

200,000 patients in over 60 countries
have received this gift, so far.

In addition to donations from generous
souls who give directly to Operation
Smile's website, they also receive benefits
from caring business partners through
their Shop to Benefit program.


Ibrahim from Egypt


One of these,
is giving a percentage of each rental
fee to Operation Smile, with the goal of 
providing at least 1,000 
life-changing 
surgeries.


Tatyana from Belarus

So, as college students work towards
their future dreams, Operation Smile 
will benefit and help others fufill
 their own dreams. 

To smile. 



Have you smiled today?

If yes, how very lucky you are.
If no, what are you waiting for?




Sending you a big smile, along with
a huge hug, today.  Because you 
make me smile.....

And I never want to take that
simple blessing for granted.

xx
Suzanne

For more information about
the Campus Book Rentals
Making a Difference Program,
click here.

Photos:  All family members,
except for the sweet faces
from Operation Smile.

Linking with



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Just a smile on social network: