Lippmann's: Funky Chunky, Marquee Moon, Brown Eyed Girl

In anticipation of Lippmann's stunning shades coming out soon, the All That Jazz trio and Across the Universe, I thought I'd show you some other Lippmann shades I have. We'll start with the most challenging one for me anyway, Funky Chunky.

Above & Below: Well, this is interesting, isn't it? Funky Chunky is a near black creme with small hexagon shaped black sequin glitter. The first coat was very thin, but it allowed me to see the glitter much better than a second coat does, which is shown in these photos. As you can see in the macro shot below, the sequin glitter is quite interesting, but unfortunately, what you see on the nail looks more like black chunks with indiscernible shape or color.
Below: Marquee Moon, a nice shade of medium silver shimmer, gave me more hope, but also a sense of glitter placement trepidation. Maybe I need to get the idea out of my head that polishes with larger glitter pieces need to be uniformly placed. I was satisfied with the coverage of polish after 2 coats, but I went with 3 hoping to coax some of that glitter out of the bottle and onto my nail. I don't think I was very successful!

Below: The photos above were taken outdoors in the sunlight, and give a fairly true picture of what this polish looks like. I was pleasantly surprised by the look of the glitter when I got into less sunlight.

Below: Ahhh, my fear of glitter placement has subsided! Brown Eyed Girl doesn't have any glitter, but it is laced with beautiful gold shimmer. This is a deep russet brown shade that covered beautifully in 2 coats. I don't need a lot of motivation to buy a polish based on it's name--I have brown eyes, and I like Van Morrison. Yes, it's just that simple sometimes! The first photo below was taken in the sun, while the next photo was taken indoors with a flash.

You can drool over Lippmann's soon to be released polishes on the Nordstrom web site here. They look absolutely beautiful, don't they?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Lippmann's: Funky Chunky, Marquee Moon, Brown Eyed Girl on social network: