Sally Hansen Silver Lining & Hidden Treasure

I think I'll top all of my newest Sally Hansen's with Hidden Treasure after I swatch them, just to give you a better idea of the subtle beauty of it over lighter polishes. I'm also working on a color wheel using it over nothing but darker shades of various polishes. First up: Silver Lining.

Above & Below: Silver Lining is shown using 2 coats in direct sunlight above, and with an Ott lamp below. This polish has an ever so slight pale aqua cast, but is primarily a sparkly silver that has a high concentration of micro glitter that is similar to glass-flecked glitter. The glitter is silver for the most part, but I also see aqua in there. I didn't think I needed another silver, but I'm glad I picked this one up. It reminds me of a toned down version of Sephora by OPI Just a Fairy-Tail.

Below: Macro shot of Silver Lining's finish.
Below: The initial allure of Hidden Treasure is the strong rainbow powered flaky look that it takes on over a darker shade. It may not be as eye-catching over a lighter shade, but the understated look it gives over Silver Lining with the aura of colors, is beautiful.
Below: A coppery-pink flaky glitter is the most evident over this shade, but it also brings out the aqua glitter in Silver Lining.
The Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line just keeps getting better and better with the shades and finishes they're introducing. The formula on these two shades was just the right consistency, and the brushes were both cut evenly, which was not always the case on some of the others from this line that I have. Hidden Treasure is going to be like a matte top coat or Chanel Illusion D'Or--I'm going to leave it right here on my desk and put it over everything, just to see what kind of look it will transform every other polish into!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Sally Hansen Silver Lining & Hidden Treasure on social network: