China Glaze Meteor Shower Glitter


Above & Below: China Glaze Meteor Shower, shown outdoors under partly cloudy skies, no flash.

Below: Because matte is where it's at, Essie's Matte About You gives you yet another unique look when used over Meteor Shower. It reminds me of a formica counter top in an old diner, but in a retro, good way! The matte finish also seems to smooth out the surface.

Today we have another one of the new glitters hitting the market from China Glaze. There are something like 50 polishes in this series which also includes a much smaller percentage of shimmers. I don't know that these are considered an actual collection, but from what I understand, many of these have already been released in Japan as some sort of Japanese exclusive collection. I doubt I'll be getting any more of the glitters, although I am planning on getting a few of the shimmers when they come out. Victoria Nail Supply has received some of theirs in, and Sally Beauty is also receiving some, although it appears that each of these stores has a different selection of shades available at this point. I also noticed that VNS is now carrying Northern Lights, a holographic type top coat, in both the gold and the silver. I love my silver one so now I feel the need to have the gold one!

Meteor Shower is a deep navy blue polish filled with small multi-colored glitter. I don't know why, but both of the darker shades I bought in this group (the other being Cosmic) are rather chunky and leave a rough surface on the nail. It isn't a problem, just an observation. The formula seems much thicker on the darker ones also. This is shown in two coats and it does dry relatively fast. These polishes have a base that contain a great deal of pigment, so although the first coat may seem a little streaky, the second coat gives you just what you need in terms of opaqueness. The chunkiness and roughness aside, because it is not noticeable to anyone but you, this shade is a glittery galaxy of prettiness that because of it's beauty, any issues that I mentioned about the finish become completely acceptable.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save China Glaze Meteor Shower Glitter on social network: