Essie 2010 Resort Collection Swatches

Perfect formula. All creme finishes. Beautiful summer shades reminding me of sandy beaches, cool blue green waters, tropical flowers...where's my margarita and Jimmy Buffet? Introducing Essie's Summer 2010 Collection, Resort. Available May 2010.

Above & Below: Turquoise & Caicos, a flirty and pretty tropical aqua.
Below: A bottle comparison L-R: Orly Gumdrop, Essie Greenport, Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Quirius Jamaican Dream, Essie Mint Candy Apple.
Below: A very quick side-by-side showing Turquoise & Caicos on the left and Northport on the right.
Below: Lapis of Luxury, a dreamy ocean blue.
Below: Playa Del Platinum, an elegant and sheer sandy gray.
Below: Splash of Grenadine, a playful magenta pink.
I tried to photograph all four of these in 3 types of lighting: outdoors in full sun, indoors with an Ott lamp, and indoors under a skylight with no flash. The colors, being cremes, stay true in any lighting and are quite pigmented. I had no application problems, as the formula on all of them was perfect. I used 2 coats and they all covered nicely. They were a bit streaky on the first coat, but nothing that the second coat couldn't conceal. I'm very impressed with these--I love the shades themselves, the formula was excellent, and the names are cute and catchy (the color descriptions above are from the press release). I didn't see any duplicates in my stash, and although some reminded me of other polishes, when I compared them, they were indeed different.
What do you think? Do you see any you think you'll be getting?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Essie 2010 Resort Collection Swatches on social network: