Wonder Woman

Pinterest

Words seem to beswirling 
through mymind lately like 
theleaves dancing to theground 
around me.Last month those
words were
courage and clarity.

As we float like driftingleaves 
into October, this new word 
keeps bobbing and weaving 
it's way into my consciousness. 

Wonder.

Pinterest

I know it's a word usually 
reserved for Christmas,with it's 
sparkly lights, special songs
and the story of a miracle at 
the heart of it all.  

But every day in October, I  
wake to the marvel ofnature, 
playing out beforemy eyes. The smell
of the autumn air, the dazzling colors,
geese forming V'sand heading south,
crisp mornings and evenings, 
all evoke a sense of awe, though 
I've seen this show for over 
four decades. 

Wonder. 

Pinterest

When we take our dog outat
night andhear the rustle of leaves
inthe trees, I think back to my 
Halloween days as a child, when I 
believed strange andmarvelous 
spirits were out and abouton that 
special night. 

Wonder. 

Pinterest

I have teens in the house,now,
but I remember whenmy son was
little and wouldstart plotting
his Halloween costume in August. 
Hisbirthday is the day before 
Halloween, sothose were truly 
magical daysfor him. Last year, 
as a tallfor his age 12 year-old, 
he wasa bit shy about going trick 
or treating.  At the last minute a 
friend called and with minimal
convincing he was in the previous
year's costume and out the door. 

Wonder. 

Pinterest

We all crave it, don't we?

I've known a few people 
who are jaded, cynical and
acerbic, who would scoff at
the notion of any wonderleft
in the world. Life disappointed 
them somewhere along the way 
and they use their sarcastic
outlook as a shield. 

Pinterest

I've also known people who
weredealt a difficult hand in life, 
but seem to have even more 
wonder than the rest of us. 
These folks take nothing for 
granted; for them everythingis 
full of wonder, from sunsetsto 
flowers, from the aroma of
baking to the sight of a 
child sleeping.

Wonder. 

Pinterest

When we choose to feel wonder, 

despite a bad day-- 
despite not feeling well-- 
despite hard things we 
might begrappling with, 

our perspective shifts 
to 
gratitude. 

Pinterest

When we choose to feel wonder

on a really good day-- 
when we feel great-- 
when everything seems   
to be goingjust right, 

then wonder takes flight 
and becomes 
joy. 

But that's a word for another month. 

Pinterest

Right now, I'm going to goto the
mailbox with my dog. We are going 
to kick some leaveson the way.... 
and feel the autumn breeze....
and embrace the sheer wonder 
of 
being 
alive. 

May you find many 
 wonder-full moments 
to celebrate this week!

xx
Suzanne


All images 
culled from thatwonder 
of wonders, Pinterest, 
as my computer 
and my camera currently
aren't on speaking terms.

But, it's all good.

Wonderful, really : )




Joining Sarah at
Modern Country Style
for the
Fall in Love with Fall
Link Party




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Wonder Woman on social network: