Eat My Lips

I had lunch with the gals from Tarte today, and lip balm was top on the agenda. Eating lip balm, that is. You see, in junior high school, my friends and I used to amuse ourselves by eating Cherry Chapstick (and for some strange reason I felt the need to share this). But it turns out that I'm not alone: Candace, Tarte's PR guru, admitted to once munching on a BonneBell Lip Smacker, while Alexis, who’s the vice prez, favored Kissing Koolers (with a "K," she stressed). Turns out Maureen Kelly, Tarte's effortlessly glamorous founder, has never purposely eaten gloss, but she found out that the average woman ingests 2 to 4 pounds of lip-gloss in her life—like it or not. So she teamed up with Borba to create Inside Out, a gloss that's actually good for you. The pomegranate-scented lip-gloss is ultra moisturizing, giving lips a sparkling wash of color, while delivering a vitamin cocktail of acai, green tea extract and vitamin C. It's not available till February, but if you're looking for some lip balm to munch on today, try Tarte fRxtion, a genus exfoliator and lip balm duo. The exfoliation side is made with real brown sugar crystals. I've got it on my desktop and it's mmm, mmm good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Eat My Lips on social network: