QRS + NFU + Essie Matte About You = WOW!


Above & Below: QRS Deep Denim, outdoors with no flash. The picture below is reflecting the natural lighting strips in the patio roof and I thought it looked kind of interesting.
Below: Let the fun begin...NFU-Oh 40 over QRS Deep Denim.

Below: And yet more fun! Essie Matte About You is added to the experiment.





First things first...our winner in the Shikai Giveaway was Elaine from the fabulous Lacquer Laine blog! Check out her blog and congratulate her on winning. Thanks to everyone who entered.

I started out intending to show you QRS Deep Denim, and then things got carried away with my experimentation of various 'toppings' just to see what they would look like. Before I forget, I'd like to mention the Jamie from QRS informed me today that they are now set up to take International orders, so if you're planning an order, don't forget to use the $3.00 Body & Soul code over in the right hand column. Deep Denim looks to be a dark purple shimmer in the bottle, but the name suddenly made more sense to me once I applied 2 coats of this lovely shade. It is a bright but dark shimmer, somewhere between a navy and a royal blue. The first coat was thin, but a second coat finished the look nicely.

Nfu-Oh 40 was looking on as I was applying the Deep Denim, so I thought I'd let him join in the fun. Deep Denim is a very rich, very beautiful shade on it's own, but topped with this NFU, the party began. I only needed one coat for this play land of glowing glitter to emerge. Thinking I should tone them down a bit, I applied a coat of Essie's Matte About You and they quieted down. Still quite colorful, but the matte finish gives it a more subtle appearance. If you don't own a matte top coat, I highly suggest that you get one, because the possibilities are not only very entertaining (at least to me!), but they seem to be endless.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save QRS + NFU + Essie Matte About You = WOW! on social network: