Orly 'Tis the Season Part I: Rockin' Rocket, Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, Candy Cane Lane

It's a little early to be thinking about the holidays, and with temperatures in the low 90's here it makes it all the more ridiculous! Orly's 'Tis the Season collection includes 6 polishes, 2 cremes and 4 shimmers and glitters. The 3 I'm showing you now all applied easily using 2 coats, and Candy Cane Lane had an exceptional "applies like butter" application.

Above & Below: Rockin' Rocket, a faded burgundy shimmer, has gold shimmer that gives the illusion of an overlay of gold. When I removed this one, the color on the cotton ball was straight up purple. Interesting.
Below: Looking like it does in the bottle, I expected a little more action from the gold shimmer, but that was not the case.
Below: Meet Me Under the Mistletoe is a deep emerald green with the slightest hint of blue. The foil glitter is abundant and a lighter shade of green.

Below: I prefer the look of this shade indoors and in the shade, because the glitter takes on such a glowy look.
Below: Candy Cane Lane is a beautiful classic red creme shade that has a hint of pink. The formula made the application fast and easy.
Below: The high gloss finish is very jelly-like, adding to my love for this one.
Maybe it's just too early for me to be wowed by holiday polishes, because none of these really impress me all that much. Or maybe we've just been inundated with so many colors and finishes that we need to see something truly unique, of which these 3 really are not. Meet Me Under the Mistletoe reminds me of Zoya Ivanka only a little less green, Rockin Rocket reminds me of too many to list, and Candy Cane Lane, while it gave me a perfect application for a creme, is just a classic red. Or maybe China Glaze's Holiday collection is looming in my mind, which looks a lot more original to me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Orly 'Tis the Season Part I: Rockin' Rocket, Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, Candy Cane Lane on social network: