ORLY Galaxy Girl-Cosmic FX

Orly's Cosmic FX collection is one that I've been excited about ever since I saw the first promo pictures. Now that I have them, I'm not disappointed in the slightest. Galaxy Girl is a deep grape shade with hints of wine or burgundy. There is no shortage of glitter in this one and the aqua/green glitter contrasts nicely with the base color.


Below: A macro shot of the finish shows the complexity of colors that Galaxy Girl contains.

I don't have any sun to work with today and I did find this shade to be a bit difficult to photograph properly, probably because it has a lot going on with the glitter and the colors. I ended up going with 3 coats to get even coverage and it seemed to dry a little slower than what I'm used to. The formula itself wasn't problematic, but it's just different--I'm guessing because of the mineral ingredients. The foil glitter seems to shift color with movement, giving it a definite duo chrome feature while adding sparkle at the same time. This collection will definitely be included in my Best of the Best Polishes & Collections for 2010.

I was very happy to see ORLY branching out in their social media circle by signing up with Twitter recently. If you'd like to follow them, you can join them here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save ORLY Galaxy Girl-Cosmic FX on social network: