CosMENtics??

I’m going to get in so much trouble for this, but I had to share: Once in college I went to use my guy friend’s bathroom, and blatantly lying on the counter was a bottle of foundation. To my surprise, when I brought it up – or heckled him, rather – he wasn’t really shy about it. He said that Jenn (my friend and his girlfriend) had left it there, and he tried it just for kicks; he liked it so much that he wouldn’t give it back to her! His argument was that chicks get the opportunity to cover dark circles and blemishes, so why shouldn’t dudes? Lately, it seems that more and more products are coming out for men – everything from skincare products to bronzers – and men seemingly find it less taboo to purchase and wear. So I decided to ask a few of my guy friends if they would wear makeup to a special occasion if they had a terrible pimple or horrendous dark circles. My macho boyfriend (re: Pretty Boys article) said definitely not, but my friend Cliff said only if it didn’t look like I was wearing makeup, but I feel like I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Luckily, Sephora has done the hard work for the fellas by picking out some of the best products that men find simple and useful. Doing an internet search for makeup for men will also turn up some helpful results. Um, Jenn still wants her foundation back. – Brianne Rieck, Sephora


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save CosMENtics?? on social network: