Sweet Freedom


When people 
talk 
of the freedom
 of writing, 
speaking, 
or thinking, 
I cannot choose but laugh. 
No such thing ever existed. 
No such thing now exists; 
but I hope
 it will exist.
 But it must be 
hundreds of years
 after you and I 
shall write 
and speak 
no more.  

~ John Adams


John Adams is
one of my
favorite
American patriots.
His vision,
one shared
with a handful
of equal
visionaries
was
brave
bold
and
determined.

Let us remember
our founding
fathers
as we celebrate
all that is
good
generous
heroic
and kind
about our
dear country.

I will leave
you
with some
sweet images
I took in Savannah
that transported
me to
gentler
eras
in the history
of our
great nation.

 















Happy Birthday,
Sweet America!

And happy
celebrations,
lovely blogging
friends.


images: P&H


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Sweet Freedom on social network: