No Place Like Home


My daughter and
I returned 
home
from Savannah
last night.
It was an
amazing and
special week
on so very
many
levels.


But before
I can write
more 
about that ~
I've got to
take care of
loads
of
this:


So, while
I'm busy doing
laundry
and bills
making lists
groceries
camps
doctor appointments

I will introduce
you to some 
of the little
things that 
I missed
right here
at home....


Hello cozy bed


What's cooking, pantry?


I've missed you, comfy chair!
{And my little dog, too!}


Shower, you know me 
so well.....


Books, you
read my mind....


Teapot
Four o'clock
you and me


All of the
pretties
that sing to me....


.....Like my vintage
trophy collection.....


.....And gifts from
nature I like
to scatter around...

But
the things
that I missed
the most
weren't
things
at all.


It was 
them.

 Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. 
Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. 
And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, 
because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - 
there's no place like home! 

-Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz

[images:  photo 1 flickr {click for info}
others:  P&H]


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save No Place Like Home on social network: