Come Monday...weekly newsletter

Here it is, the last week of June and a 3-day weekend on the horizon! The photo above is from a collection of hand-painted dogs that adorn our town's streets during the summer. Each year, they pick a theme (previous years have included cars, boats, and carousel horses, to name a few) for this public art display, and then sponsors work with local artists who design and paint the fiberglass sculptures. They stand about 4' high and there are 40 or more of them. They're quite an attraction in the city, and because we're such a tourist town in the summer, they draw a lot of attention. I took my daughter to see them all on Friday, but because it was raining--again, I used stock photos from the city's web site. None of the dogs had painted toe nails though!

Miss Carley was the winner of the Friday Follower Freebie contest! It looks like she just started a blog last week, so I joined as her first follower. Congratulations, and welcome to the blogosphere! Speaking of contests, I wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for my June Birthday Contest is rapidly approaching. If you haven't entered, you have until June 30th. You can find all of the details here.

On to nail polish news...I had a question about thinning your base coats, and wondered if anyone does that. It seems that when my base coats get down below half full, they tend to thicken up a bit, but I was curious as to whether or not adding thinner diminished their purpose. There aren't too many new collections coming out in the very near future, but there are two that I'm looking forward to that I haven't seen much about yet. One is the China Glaze Holiday Collection ("peace on Earth-Olive Green Shimmer" *dies!*), and the other is Color Club's Fall Collection, Untamed Luxury. Those collections, in addition to OPI's Swiss coming out in early August, give me some things to look forward to in the upcoming months. Of course I can't wait to order China Glaze Vintage Vixen, which Yen at VNS tells me should arrive in a couple of weeks.

This week I'll be featuring some of my Lippmann untried polishes, more swatches from BB Couture's Cantina Nights collection, a True Blue Spa product review, and a couple of other things, including July's contest prize, which I hope you enjoy. Wishing you all a fantastic week, and to my American followers, I wish you a safe and happy July 4th holiday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Come Monday...weekly newsletter on social network: