MAC Pret-A-Papier: Brown Bag & Originality

I'm a little late posting these, but hey--I still have the OPI Alice in Wonderland polishes and China Glaze Up & Away sitting here, so these made it in to the rotation pretty quickly! I'm not entirely sure why I bought these, but I'll blame it on the fact that I was out of some of my MAC staple items, and there they were at the same time!

Above & Below: Brown Bag is shown in the shade with no flash above, and in the sunlight below. This is an odd polish, and I haven't decided if I love it or hate it yet. It's a tan/imitation gold creme with the tiniest gold glitter I think I've ever seen. It's so tiny, that it's really not even noticeable. The coverage was good with 2 coats, although the formula was a bit thick.
Below: Originality is a golden bronze shade with all kinds of texture going on. It's a shimmer that covered nicely in 2 coats, and has a variety of gold and coppery glitter shapes and sizes mixed in.
Below: In the sunlight, you can see how the glitter turns more multi colored. The finish looks a little rough, but it's actually quite smooth.

I'm a fan of MAC polishes and always like to pick some up from their LE releases. These are not 'wowing' me at the moment, and I'm a little indifferent about my thoughts on them. The formula was decent on both of them, although Brown Bag could use a drop or two of thinner. Brown Bag is described by MAC as a dirty beige, which is an accurate description. The miniscule glitter could have easily been left out of the formula, because it is so subtle. Originality, described as a coppery bronze frost is thankfully, not a frost in my opinion. It's bright and shiny, and the glitter is pretty, but again, my indifference to these is making me question what appealed to me about them in the first place. But they're a brand that I like, and the term LE has caused me to buy a good percentage of my collection without putting too much thought into it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save MAC Pret-A-Papier: Brown Bag & Originality on social network: