Finger Paints Romanticism Ruby

I picked up some Finger Paints at Sally Beauty and I think they're some of the new shades. I didn't see any display, so I asked the sales girl if they had any new Finger Paints. She waved over at the main display and said they were just mixed in there. She was wearing a tag with a Finger Paints bottle on it that read "40 New Shades", so hopefully, the ones I bought were new!

Above & Below: Romanticism Ruby is a beautiful glass-flecked red that applied nicely in 2 coats. I didn't use a top coat, and my only complaint is that it doesn't have a terribly high gloss finish when it's dry. Don't get me wrong, because it is glossy, just not as glossy as many other polishes. So I'll add a top coat and the problem will be solved. The glitter is red, but when the light hits it, there is a definite gold shimmer to it.
Below: Because I can't seem to stop layering Hidden Treasure over everything...I really need to put HT away, or I'll soon have none left!

Below: Here are the Finger Paints I picked up L-R: Hue Rang?, Tough Art To Follow, Easel-Y Entertained, Romanticism Ruby, Hue Left A Message?, Sketch N Etch. I swatched Hue Left A Message? on my thumb to see what it was like and it's a major glitter that I fear is going to be a pain to take off!
I love Romanticism Ruby--it reminds me of OPI's Smitten With Mittens, Barielle's Glammed Out Garnet, and it even seems to be a bit Essie Ruby Slipper-esque. The formula is very nice and it had great coverage with no streaking. As I mentioned above, the finish is not a super high gloss as many other polishes are, but that's not a big deal, I just wanted to mention it. These are on sale at Sally Beauty right now for buy 2 get one free, and they are also available on their web site.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Finger Paints Romanticism Ruby on social network: