Color Club Japanese Exclusive: Blue Hawaii

Above & Below: Blue Hawaii, shown with 2 coats. This shade is less jelly-like than the others. As you can see, it seems to have a somewhat metallic base color.
Below: I used 1 coat of China Glaze Cloud Nine over Blue Hawaii for this look.
Blue Hawaii is quite different from the other shades I've posted about when it comes to the formula. I only used 2 coats and the coverage was decent. This one, as compared to the others, has a more foil or metallic base color, and the texture was less jelly-like. I did add several drops of thinner before I applied the second coat, because it seemed quite thick. This is what I would consider a medium Ice Blue shade. Rather than layer it over another shade, I layered one coat of China Glaze Cloud Nine over Blue Hawaii. The result was that of a speckled Robin's egg. This may work well as a top coat over another shade, however, with the rich, foil-like base, I'm not sure how much the base color of another polish would show through it.

Coming up...I saved the best (in my opinion!) for last...Fresh Mint. I'll also do a little wrap-up on my thoughts of all 8 of these, with regard to which ones are must-haves, and why.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Color Club Japanese Exclusive: Blue Hawaii on social network: