The Lash Word


Speaking of Urban Decay, check out this testimonial Urban Decay's Fatty Lashes on the blog Jack and Hill. We couldn't agree more--but luckily, it's now safe to fly with mascara (sorry, I'm a bit obsessed with the new travel regulations. I'm seriously frothing at the mouth over the merge of beauty with current events). Other fave mascaras of mine? Well, there are a few:

1. Lash Control Mascara: We don't sell it at Sephora, but beauty editor friends told me about it and I bought it and loved it. It has a built in wiper sleeve that lets you control the amount of mascara on the wand--so you can score natural looking or amped up lashes; it's all in how you squeeze it.

2. Blinc Kiss Me Mascara: It forms tubes around each lash, for great separation and amazing staying power--it won't come off in water, and never flakes. If you rub your eyes you may see some rogue tubes fall off, but no smudging. This is a great option for gals who are prone to smudging beneath their eyes.

3. Benefit Get Bent Mascara: The wand is strategically bent to curve the lashes upwards. It's pretty ergonomic in the sense that you don't have to twist your arm to avoid getting mascara all over your eyelids.

4. Yes to Volume! No to Clumps! Mascara: I love the name for being so darn out-of-the box, but it's the comb applicator that really makes the difference. I find that volumizing formulas usually come with clumps, but this one applies it with a separating comb that gives volume--totally smoothly.

5. Too Faced Lash Injection: Ok, this one's not out till December, but I just got my hands on it yesterday and am gaga over it. The "extreme" thickening and lengthening formula uses a molecule that coats lashes 3-dimensionally. Usually mascaras use 2 different mechanisms to lengthen and thicken, but this formula does it all in one, which intrigues me. And its smell--like an Almafi lemon grove--is totally addictive. I wore this to go see a band last night in a hipster music venue, and, where I'd usually feel like a fish out of water (nerd!), in this mascara I felt like a chic, wide-eyed 60's mod girl. Thanks Too Faced!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save The Lash Word on social network: