China Glaze Indian Ocean

Above & Below: China Glaze in Indian Ocean is shown indoors with a flash above, and outdoors in full sun, below.
Below: Outdoors in the shade shows the smooth, almost pearlescent finish. Look closely and you can see that it also has a nearly black base behind the shimmer.
There's nothing better than the older China Glaze shades. Not that there's anything wrong with the newer ones, but the discontinued ones are always nice to reflect on. The chemical smell, the unique colors, the forgotten memories...who knew a nail polish could invoke such nostalgia? It isn't often that I buy more than one bottle of the same polish, but my original bottle was getting dangerously low, so when I saw that Victoria Nail Supply still had some of these in stock, I didn't hesitate to get another one. Indian Ocean is a deep shade of Indigo blue with shimmer, and what I like the most about it, is that it has a deep charcoal base. It's not quite a black base, and it's not even that evident, but it's part of what I love so much about this one. The other trait I like about it, is that yes, it's a shimmer, but it has a somewhat pearly finish. Not frosty at all, but just a smooth pearlescent look to it. You can see a hint of purple iridescence in the bottle, but this is a definite deep blue shade. I used 3 coats in the photos, and the brushes seem a bit narrower on the older polishes, but those are minor issues to deal with when it comes to the oldies but goodies.

I have quite a few other older China Glaze favorites, probably too many to mention! If forced to pick a favorite, I'd have to go with Dripping Wet, followed closely by Crystal Ball and Indian Ocean. Check out the Friday Follower Freebie box over on the right, because I've updated it with this week's Freebie (hint: 2 of my 3 favorites for 2 winners!).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save China Glaze Indian Ocean on social network: