Rituals - More Acquisitions


I am slowly but surely encroaching into the realm called makeup addiction (cue: Twilight Zone theme music). I feel torn. On one hand I feel guilty, but on the other hand, I feel like a gleeful little girl with brand new toys. Lately, buying new makeup and even new lotions (!!!) has been giving me a high of the same magnitude as buying new shoes, new accessories and new clothes, all three already my long-time addictions. Hah, funny.

I was out window shopping (that’s always the original intention, isn’t it?) last weekend and I couldn’t resist walking into another Rituals store. It was a smaller outlet than the previous one I visited but it was doing brisk business. The sale was still on. I headed determinedly towards the makeup section like a missile homing in on a locked target. Even my husband had to dodge this missile with a mission!

So, yes, just a few more Rituals products to try out. I got more Pure Beauty gemstone makeup:

L: Lip Jewel No. 7164 (fuschia)
R: Lip Jewel No. 7104 (light coral brown)
Bottom: Open Up eyeliner No. 7057 (khaki green)

While waiting to pay, my eyes rested on two body care products that were strategically placed near the counter, not unlike confectionery enticing impulse purchasers at supermarket checkout counters. Of course, the weakling succumbed to the temptation:

L: Hand Therapy – scrubs & nourishes & softens (with ginseng & ginkgo biloba)
R: Eve’s Kiss – silkening lip treatment SPF 8 (with apple & karité a.k.a. shea butter)


I’m still trying out the products bought previously. Collective reviews for its makeup and body care products will be coming up in due course.

I leave you with a line borrowed from the Rituals website, on a page about making makeup application more of a conscientious ritual than just a hurried routine:

…And if you apply your makeup in the spirit of awareness and with positive intentions, you don’t just look beautiful, you radiate beauty!

That got me wondering. If all makeup addicts could see makeup in this light, perhaps, just perhaps, they could then expunge any guilt that they harbour about their addiction! Mwahaha!!! Agreed?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Rituals - More Acquisitions on social network: