New From Eyeko: Saucy & Rain

Eyeko has come out with 2 new Limited Edition shades, Saucy Polish for Naughty Nails and Rain Polish for City Nails. These retail for $5.50 and can be purchased from their web site for those of us not having direct access to this brand. They also offer free shipping for orders over $55.00 outside of Europe, and you can often find specials and codes via Twitter and their site.
Above & Below: Saucy is one perfect red polish. It is described as a one-coat Scarlett Red on their web site, and this is indeed a one-coater. The formula on this was excellent--unbelievable might be a better way to describe how nicely this applied for me. Both of these photos were taken in full sunlight.
Below: This photo was taken indoors with a flash, but the color of this remains one of pure, classic red in any lighting.
Below: Rain didn't give me quite as nice of an application as Saucy, but after realizing it was a bit on the think side, I added 2 drops of thinner and applied the second coat with ease. This is such an unusual shade, not quite blue or grey, a subtle hint of shimmer, a color that fits every season. This photo was taken in early evening sunlight.
Below: With a flash (below) or in sunlight, the shimmer is visible, though elusive. That's what I like about this shade. More obvious shimmer would detract from the overall beauty of this one.

Below: In the shade and in lower lighting, the shimmer all but disappears and it looks more like a creme finish. But I know it's there, and I love it. A lot.
Eyeko is impressing me more and more not only with the shades they're coming out with, but also with their formula. While Saucy is certainly not a unique shade, the application was outstanding. If you're looking for a true red that applies like a dream, this would be a great choice. I have many reds, and more often than not, when I think a polish looks red in the bottle, there's often a tinge of orange or pink to it on the nail.

Rain reminds me of my own moods...on the border of sun or rain, delight or depression. The weather can play tricks on my mind and lift my mood in an instant with a ray of sun, or slowly depress it over days of clouds and gloominess. Rain portrays that with its changing grey haze and hopeful blue hues. The calming nature of this color and the quiet shimmer work well to create a beautiful polish.

I have to mention how much I love their labels--each shade has a different label and the somewhat whimsical nature of the artwork and layout always catches my eye. The bottles are small (.30 fl. oz. as compared to the usual .50 fl. oz.), but the handle, stem, and brush are not compromised. They're not much shorter than any other bottles, but they're very narrow, making them fit nicely into my storage space.

*Products featured were furnished by the manufacturer or PR firm for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save New From Eyeko: Saucy & Rain on social network: