Revlon Scents of Summer~5 Swatches

Revlon Scents of Summer is a recent release that includes 8 scented shades. I picked mine up at Rite-Aid and passed on 3 of the colors--Gumdrop-a pale lavender creme, Bubble Gum-a fuchsia pink creme, and Beach-a lime green shimmer. Here are the shades I chose:

Above: Ocean Breeze, a shimmering turquoise with a sheen that reflects a bit of silver or gold, depending on the lighting.
Below: Grape Icy, a lighter violet shade with a hint of iridescent shimmer.
Below: Orange Pop, a vivid tangerine orange shimmer. When the light hits the shimmer, it takes on the slightest bit of pink tone.
Below: Peach Smoothie is a very pale peach creme with tiny gold glitter. The formula on this one stood out as the worst, which was disappointing.
Below: Cotton Candy is a delicate shade of pink with gold shimmer that seems to glow in the light. This one is also a creme, but the formula was not a problem.
I'm not sure why I buy these at $4.69 a piece and questionable formula (I used 3 coats on all of them), but I think it's partly for the novelty of the scent and partly because I've always loved Revlons. Although I must admit, their formula is not as good on the newer polishes as it was on the older ones. The scents are noticeable, but not in an irritating way. I personally don't smell them unless I'm sniffing my fingers, which isn't something I do on a regular basis! The only one that I was a little put off by was Ocean Breeze, because it smelled like men's aftershave to me, and not a good one at that. The others smell fruity or like candy, but if I was doing a blind sniff test, I'm quite certain I couldn't discern what they were specifically.
My thoughts on the shades themselves are good. Of the 5 I chose, Peach Smoothie was the only disappointment. The formula didn't apply evenly and it was on the thick side. I was also a little let down by the color itself, because against my skin tone it's almost more of a beige than a peach. Orange Pop is a fantastic color, probably my favorite of the 5--bright and cheery with beautiful shimmer. This will make a nice color for a pedicure, too. Ocean Breeze is from my favorite color family, so it's got an automatic advantage. The finish is a bit foil-like, but it's still beautiful. Grape Icy is a nice lighter purple shade and again, the shimmer in this won me over. Cotton Candy is a close second behind Orange Pop for me because of it's dainty color and gold shimmer. This one reminds me of the inside of a sea shell in color, and it applied very nicely for a light color with a creme finish.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Revlon Scents of Summer~5 Swatches on social network: