Essie 2010 Wedding Color Collection: Part I

Essie's 2010 Wedding Color Collection consists of six shades, three of which are shown below. The press release states "six elegant hues that add beautiful color on that special day."

Above: Show Me the Ring, an iridescent pearl, is the official description. It's a little more than that, because it has a golden flash amidst this off-white shimmer. The gold adds a nice touch to this one and gives me a reason to love it. Without the gold, it would not be nearly as appealing to me.
Above: Main Squeeze is described as a shimmering lilac creme, which also appears to be iridescent to me. In the bottle it looks to be a pale grey shimmer, but once on the nail, the lilac is evident.
Below: Walk Down the Aisle is said to be a fresh and creamy white. It's not a stark white, but rather a milky white that's a bit muted.
If I were a bride, I'd need to get some gel nails, because I cut mine off after spending the day doing yardwork yesterday! I know a lot of people, including myself, wanted a little more color on their nails when they got married. However, there is a market for soft, muted shades such as these. I looked online at some wedding sites to see what the nail styles were, and I wasn't surprised to see the majority of them wearing colors such as these or French nails in whites and pale pinks. The formula on my favorite, Show Me The Ring, was a 2-coater with no problems. The other 2 shades were a bit streaky after 3 coats and seemed a little on the thin side. After coming down from my excitement over the Resort Collection, while these are delicate and pretty, I'm personally more inclined to seek out polishes with a little more color to them.
*Products featured were provided by the manufacturer or PR firm for review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Essie 2010 Wedding Color Collection: Part I on social network: