Borghese Summer 2010: Tutti Gelati Collection

My Rite-Aid was stocked with all kinds of new polishes and collections today, so let's start with what I picked up from the Borghese Summer 2010 Collection, Tutti Gelati. There are 2 other shades that I opted not to get, Limoncello, a very pale yellow shimmer, and a light violet creme that I can't recall the name of.

Above & Below: Menta looks so pigmented in the bottle, but after 4 coats, this is what it looks like. The formula is extremely thin and although it does build up, I'm afraid it's going to take too many more to make it completely opaque. The color is a tealish turquoise in the bottle, but once on, I would describe it as a watery darker aqua shade. It has a little bit of the RBL Scrangie effect--hard to explain, but that burst of color that radiates from the center.
Below: Pistacchio was not quite as thin as Menta, but it was definitely thinner than I anticipated. I used 3 coats to get this look. This is a lighter shade of emerald green and also a shimmer.
Below: The collection's namesake polish, Tutti Gelati, is a wonderful pink creme with a hint of silver shimmer. This applied beautifully in 2 coats.
Below: Maraschino is a coral creme and like Tutti Gelati, it applied nicely in 2 coats. This one is a true coral with a slightly more orange tint to it than red, but not so much that I would define it as an orange based coral.
I truly thought I would love Menta and Pistacchio the most, and in theory, I do. The shades are beautiful, especially Menta, but I was disappointed that the coverage was not what I expected. The formula on Tutti Gelati and Maraschino are excellent, and although I likely have similar colors, these did not disappoint me at all. The shimmer in Tutti Gelati is subtle but noticeable, and it's a perfect shade of pink. I adore coral shades of all kinds, and Maraschino is right in the middle of the coral range--not too red, not too orange.
I also picked up some Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's from a new display, some of Revlon's new Scents of Summer Shades, a few Sally Hansen Complete Salon shades I hadn't seen before (I don't think they're anything brand new though), and some of the CQ and Petites in the newly designed bottles. And I wonder why my untried's never seem to diminish!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Borghese Summer 2010: Tutti Gelati Collection on social network: