Wet n Wild Red Tape & Some Wet n Wild Eye Shadow Swatches

Above & Below: Wet n Wild Red Tape is a red creme which has very slight red coral tones, that are more evident in the sunlight photo shown below. I used 2 coats and had no problem with the application. This is a new shade that was recently released.
Below: Some swatches from Wet n Wild's new eye shadow trio's, which were released along with several other cosmetics items, including the nail polishes.
Above & Below: These swatches on my hand were taken in the sunlight with no flash. These are the shades in the Sweet as Candy trio. I have used this set quite a few times and have had no creasing throughout the day, and the pigmentation is excellent.
Below: The Knock on Wood trio didn't fare as well on me. The colors are not as pigmented, although the wear was very good. The cranberry shade looks lovely in the palette, but is a muddy, almost brick red color on me, while the pink shade is barely noticeable.
A couple of weeks ago I showed you some of the products I picked up from the new Wet n Wild displays that are showing up. You can see the palettes and polishes here, and if you want to take a look at some of the polishes, just search my Wet n Wild label for those. I've swatched most of the polishes, but still have a couple to go, including today's Red Tape. There are also a number of eye shadow palettes with new shades on their updated displays, so I wanted to show you some swatches of those as well.

Red Tape is a very pigmented shade of red with the slightest hint of red coral. It covered very nicely in 2 coats, and although the brush and handle are relatively small, it actually makes for a more controlled application. The formula is quite good also, reminding me of the formula in the new Colours from the CND Colour & Effect line. For $1.89, you really can't go wrong with these.

The palettes I swatched today are trio's, retailing for $2.84 (at Meijer). Each color is embossed with the area on your eye where they are intended to be applied, Browbone, Crease, and Eyelid. They also work well when applied with a wet applicator for additional color depth. Sweet as Candy is my favorite of these two because I prefer the shades (off-white, medium brown, pink) with my eye color (brown), and this palette seems to have more color pay-off. The Knock on Wood palette doesn't seem as pigmented, especially on the pink shade. The Cranberry color is pretty in the case, but when I used it, my eyes almost looked bruised! Perhaps this trio, which includes a pale pink, a medium brown, and the cranberry, would look better on someone with different coloring, but I can't seem to work it right on myself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Wet n Wild Red Tape & Some Wet n Wild Eye Shadow Swatches on social network: