Massive New Wet n Wild Display!

Above: Wet n Wild's offering of new Megalast polishes has a total of 24 shades. I picked up the seven shown above and was so happy to see creme pastels after the 30" of snow we've gotten over the past 3 days! L-R: Red Tape (c), Heat Wave (c), Tropicalia (c), Club Havana (c), Haze of Love (c), Under Your Spell (s), Blackmail (s & g).
Above: The new Wild Shine display has 18 slots and 16 shades (2 shades fill 2 slots). Some, like the Megalasts, say 'New'. I picked up L-R: Casting Call (c), Night Prowl (g), Blue Moon (s & g), Rain Check (s), Eggplant Frost (f & i), Caribbean Frost (f).

Above & Below: Blackmail is the one I zeroed in on immediately. It appears to be a charcoal shimmer with multi-color glitter.
Below: Bottle close up of Blue Moon, a deep inky Indigo shimmer with turquoise micro glitter.
Below: Night Prowl is a blackened charcoal shade with violet glitter. I swatched it on paper and was surprised to see it was charcoal rather than purple.
Below: A sampling of just some of the eye shadow palettes on the new display. Top L-R: On Cloud Nine, Knock on Wood, Sweet as Candy. Bottom L-R: Pride Orgueil, Lust Desir. I did spell those correctly! The cranberry glitter shadow in Lust Desir is very pretty in real life.
I went to Meijer this morning to get groceries and I was somehow transported to the cosmetics department. I don't remember walking over there, but these things happen! Up and down the aisles I walk, disappointed that I saw nothing new or even remotely exciting for that matter. Then I walked around the last corner and I saw the biggest new Wet n Wild display in history. It was the entire end cap with all 5 shelves filled with new goodies. The next thing I knew, products started falling into my cart at an uncontrollable rate. I'll tell you what, it was the strangest thing...but this happens to me all the time, so I just accept it. Naturally, my phone battery was dead so I couldn't get pictures, but here's what I saw and what the cardboard display hanging beneath each shelf basically said:

Top Shelf-'Variety of Vibrant Color & Effect' and these are the small round polishes in the photo above. They are priced at $1.89 each and are .30 fl. oz. There are 24 shades, 9 of which have 'NEW' on the label. I picked 7 of them and in my opinion, the ones I picked up were the nicest shades. There are lots of cremes, 2-3 white and off white cremes, a black creme, some shimmers that didn't look terribly exciting, other than the 2 I picked up. Blackmail is an amazing shade and I can't wait to try it out.

Second Shelf-this shelf was filled with eye shadows, trios, singles and the 6-color ones shown above. I didn't count them, but there were quite a few other selections in a variety of colors that I didn't pick up. The trio's are priced at $2.84, while the 6-color palettes are $4.69. I'm hoping these are as nice as their offerings of shadows over the past couple of years.

Third Shelf-I honestly didn't pay too much attention to this one, other than to note that it was all lip gloss and lip stick, and I believe the lip stick was advertised as matte.

Fourth Shelf~again, this was not the shelf I spent the most time looking at! It was all blush singles and mineral foundation, if I recall. The blush singles came in about 8-10 shades and they were quite large.

Fifth/Bottom Shelf-More nail polish, and these are the taller Wild Shine ones pictured above. The display read 'Long Lasting 5 Day Chip Resistant Polish' and there were 18 shade slots. I did notice there were 2 slots for a black creme and a red creme, so I believe there are 16 shades total. These were priced at 93 cents each and about one third of them have "New Shade" on the label.

I hope that helps you in your shopping endeavors! You'll notice that I bought 2 shades of some of the colors, so there's a hint as to this Friday's Follower Freebie!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Massive New Wet n Wild Display! on social network: