Hair Scare: When Color Goes Crazy

Yesterday, my coworker Jamie had a hair color emergency. She dyed her tresses with home hair coloring kit, and the color came out much darker than expected. I could empathize: about a month ago, I was tempted by a light brown hair color (natural color is dark brown) and took the plunge--only to emerge from the bathroom with red hair. Horrified, I didn't know what to do--I'm way too lazy (and cheap) to go to a salon for help--so I just let it be, and it slowly faded over the next few weeks to a shade that I actually like. Well, last night, Jamie and I did a segment on the Sirius radio show Beauty Talk with Eva Scrivo. Eva (pictured), who is a celebrity makeup artist and has her own hair salon, is a wealth of beauty knowledge. Her tip for removing unwanted color, fast? Buy a cheap shampoo and wash your hair with it--often. The harsher formulas will strip the hair, which releases the rogue color quicker. Needless to say, Jamie left the studion, hit the drugstore, and went home to wash her hair 10 times.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Hair Scare: When Color Goes Crazy on social network: