Come Monday...weekly newsletter

The last full week of August already! We're making it through my daughter's long school break and having some fun before she starts back September 7. This Friday we're taking her to a zoo, which she always enjoys. We checked out the South Bend, IN zoo in June with her, and I have to admit that I have an ulterior motive for wanting to go to the Michigan City, IN zoo this time--there's a Cosmetic Company Outlet across the street! I always enjoy going to those and picking up MAC polishes for $7.00.

The Project Melmer is now complete. I ended up with nine of them, which is totally ridiculous! I have one completely empty (3 drawers), 2 Melmers filled with untrieds, and the other 6 are full. I'll post some pictures next week, but it does feel good to have everything organized in this manner. It's not the perfect solution, but it's as good as it gets without going to the expense of having some type of custom-made storage built. That's not going to happen, I'm sure. I thoroughly enjoyed going through all of my polishes during the move and came across many old ones I'd forgotten about. When my daughter goes back to school, I think I'll have an Old School week on my blog and share some of them with you.

I received an eMail from Daily Candy a week or two ago, and it had a mention of a new store that had opened up in New York that carried nail polish. Naturally, I clicked on the link and had several polishes in my cart before that nagging voice in the back of my head told me that those swatches looked very familiar. Sure enough, I went over to the Diamond Cosmetics site and the swatches are identical. Not just the shade, but the details and patterns in the swatches themselves. To me, it's not so much about paying a higher price for a polish you know you can buy for less, but about ending up with identical polishes in my collection because I wasn't aware that a polish is one in the same. Check it out here and let me know it you see what I'm talking about.

Let's see, not too much else going on...I've got a package from VNS coming this week, some cosmetics from Twilight Beauty that I ordered after trying and loving their polish, and I still have the Jessica Fall Muse collection I want to get through this week. My Orly Cosmic FX and OPI Swiss are waiting patiently in the wings, but I'm enjoying viewing all of the swatches I'm seeing of those two collections. That's all for now, and I hope you all have a fantastic week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Come Monday...weekly newsletter on social network: